4/29/2012

Music at the winery

Yes, Minnesota has wineries. Many of them. Three within 25 miles of where I live. And one of them, Indian Island Winery, asked me to come out and play for their Friday happy hour(s) a couple of weeks ago.

It was a cold, terribly windy, very rainy night. The perfect night to hole up in a cozy place and enjoy some wine and some live harp music, if you ask me. And many brave souls agreed with me - there was a nice little crowd sampling the vintages and listening to me play.

The picture is a little fuzzy as my photographer (Mom!) had also been sampling the wines...

...and they only got fuzzier as the night wore on!

I can't drink much when I play - you wouldn't want to hear the results. But during my second break, when there was only about 35 minutes left to play, I did sneak into the tasting room.

I had a few samples and highly recommend the Petite Ami. 
You'll swear you're drinking a rose!

Ah, wine and harp music...

After the last set, I spent some time chatting with a Facebook friend about her own harp playing quest. I love talking about the harp almost as much as playing it. And then I collected the harp, bench, music stand and music...

...and Mom...

...and drove us all home in the wind and the rain. A lovely evening, and thanks to all who came to listen!

2 comments:

  1. Wine...women and harp song!
    what more could one need?
    Oh Paris macarons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that, IN Paris...then we'd be set!

      Delete