2/22/2012

City harp gig

My alma mater, Minnesota State University-Mankato, asked me to play for an Alumni Foundation fundraiser. A swanky cocktail hour in the Dowling Studio at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis. I jumped at the chance to be a part of it all and had a great time talking to deans, professors and supporters, reminiscing about my time at good old MSU.

The view was distractingly beautiful. Floor-to-ceiling windows 
overlooking the sparkling city of Minneapolis across the river.

 My friend (and the hiring party) Ann Rosenquist Fee 
confiscated my camera and took this artsy shot from the stairway.

This room was fantastic. That metal wall? It was an overhead door
that opened onto a dining area with a stage. 

A stage, people. I wonder how much rent would be on that room if I just moved in. I'd never have to take the harp out again. People could come to me for concerts and events. Just "bzzzzzzz" and the door would open from my living quarters onto the performance area. And that view...

Oh, a girl can dream. Which I did while I played, while people clinked cocktail glasses,
while they shook hands and laughed made more of MSU happen.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, a girl can dream! When you can't dream........well, let's not think about if one can't dream. Lovely venue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!
    definitely FUN shots
    Will she do other events with you?

    ReplyDelete