1/31/2012

Wedding season begins again

And it kicked off at the Mankato Bridal Show last Sunday. It was a good, exceptionally busy show.

 I played and played and played 

 (Canon in D, mostly)...

...while Mom, my trusty helper and point person, handed out brochures and chatted up brides and smiled that smile she smiles that makes people melt. And it helped. I booked three weddings - this hasn't happened right at a show for a long time. I'm hoping it means the economy, at least locally and at least bridally, is improving.

While the fashion show was going on, things got pretty quiet. So that's when I did my "networking" - visiting vendors I've known for years, sampling cupcakes, taste-testing decorated chocolates, collecting free pens and nail files, sniffing florists' bouquets...

...and playing in the photo booth.
(I want a photo booth in my house.)

I'm looking forward to this year's weddings and talking to more brides. If you know someone getting married, send them my way for ceremony and reception music!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you to have a Mom/assistant!
    Can she pls. come East?

    ReplyDelete