1/27/2012

It's finally winter, and it's all about wool

After the holiday season and before St. Patrick's Day, there's usually a wonderful lull in my schedule. I can snuggle in, watch movies, give the cats some quality snuggle-time, reconnect with friends, let the harps gather a little dust. And knit. Knit, knit, knit, knit, knit.

There are some projects on the needles, but I got distracted by an idea I saw on a holiday wreath and just couldn't get it out of my head. So I decided to try it.

 Felt flowers. 
Adorned with vintage earrings in the center.
I had a great time with these. I gave the trial run to my Mom for Christmas, and she loved it. 

She wore it all day.

The colorful flowers in the first photo I gave to my aunts - at the Kortuem Family Christmas Extravaganza. They loved them, too. Pinned them on right away and wore them all afternoon.

OK, back to knitting...

3 comments:

  1. So sweet they wore them all day...
    a lovely gift.
    Would be cute on scarfs and hats too...
    happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah ha!
    the origin of the flower in the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable, Ms. Multi-talented!

    ReplyDelete