11/19/2009

The harp and The Amazing Castle

The Children's Museum of Southern Minnesota has brought The Amazing Castle exhibit to Mankato. Tonight was their grand opening fundraiser, and I brought the harp to help them celebrate.

I took this photo with some relief.
Relief, as in: "Whew, I'm glad I'm not the one wearing that costume."

Because, as you'll recall, the last time I wore a costume to an event, The Free Press showed up and took a photo of it and there I was on the front page of the paper, looking ridiculous.

Not tonight. I just sat there in the front of the stage in a regular dress (thank you, TJ Maxx clearance rack), playing Renaissance music.

Best wishes to the Children's Museum and the great work they're doing in our area!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/30/2009

    Oh my! What a wonderful writer and photographer you are!!!!!!!!!!!! You should do it for a profession.

    That handsome gentleman fixing your thermostat would be very surprised to see hiself on line. On the other hand, Sophie would be even more conceited -- than she already is -- to see how stunning she looks.

    When are you going to put a full view picture of the spectacular dress from your concert on your blog?

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete